Thursday, September 23, 2010

Joaquin Phoenix Apologizes To David Letterman!

Actor Joaquin Phoenix (C) arrives by a water taxi at the Excelsior Palace for the screening of the out-of-competition film I'm Still Here by Casey Affleck, during the 67th Venice Film Festival September 6, 2010. REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi (ITALY - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)


Show's over, folks.

Following his most publicized documentary hoax, "Im Still Here," Joaquin Phoenix makes a sober comeback on the David Lettermen show after more than a year to make amends.


Phoenix, who appears on the show minus the facial hair and sunglasses on Wednesday, apologized to Letterman for his bizarre self back in 2009 wherein the actor mumbled throughout the whole interview. Turns out that it was a staged performance related to Casey Affleck's mockumentary.

"So What do you have to say for yourself?" Letterman asked Phoenix.

"Well thank you for letting me come to the show," the actor responds. He further adds, "I mean, I think that you've interviewed many, many people and I assumed that you would know the difference between a character and a real person. But I apologize. I hope I didn't offend you in any way."

Letterman, with a hand from Phoenix, also shed light on speculations that he was in on the infamous hoax the whole time.

Questions the late night host, "Now let me ask you a couple of questions. Now, did I know anything about this?"

"No," replies Phoenix.

Now the hatchet has been buried, it's about time Joaquin wakes up from slumber and actually gives serious thought about his already waning career. That's a colossal waste of awesome talent.

Although I wish could've thought of that publicity stunt myself!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Rumer's THINGY! ;). Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan