Monday, March 22, 2010

Those songs that give you a high


We music lovers have our own unique taste distinct from one another, citing out personal preferences when it comes to genre. The headbangers would drown themselves in heavy metal, alternative, punk rock and similar categories while the jive talking, beatboxin' mortals with all the bling-bling would rather get down to hip-hop or rap. Then there's country, R&B, pop, disco, techno, oldies, house and more to suit your fancy. But have you stumbled across some tune that would bring you to a state of extreme euphoria, complete with the massive goosebumps, irregardless of the preferred genre? I have. And that certain 'high' is worth experiencing over and over. Here's my list of some songs that catapult me........into another dimension!

Heatwave (Alphabeat)
Not only is this fast paced and catchy, it immediately gives me that feel of some huge summer beach party with a lot of sun...and what a beach!!

Pure shores (All Saints)
Can't explain the sensation i get from this song, somewhat exhilarating and magical. I'm reminded again of some unique beach scene, only this time it's set in the evening with surroundings from another realm.

Runaway (Janet Jackson)
I'm immediately captivated by the tune especially at the beginning, and suits the ambiance perfectly when i travel long distance along the country to particular hot spots.

Borrowed Heaven (The Corrs)
The song speaks for itself, my imagination taking me to some paradise in the jungle. The choir at the end engulfs me right down to the core.

Take my picture (Filter)
The melody and guitar rhythm excites my mood and matches the extravagance of nightlife to a 't.'

Roam (B-52)
This song packed me with a different kind of adrenaline back in my college days and still does now, at times. It usually reminds me of having ultimate fun in the afternoon.

Get on your feet (Gloria Estefan) Now i'm not a Gloria Estefan fan, but when this song first hit the radio it raised every hair in my body and my mind would instantly produce thoughts of lively evening parties. The guitar intro and chorus does the 'work' for me.


Some songs noted here are not necessarily my preferred genre, but they have that effect on me and i crave for that kind of experience. And there are several more that i don't quite recall and i hate myself for it. Point is,
everyone has their own choices of 'feel good' music, tunes that would immediately jump start their day or uplift their spirits or give them that high. And it doesn't require extensive research to find that song. Because the song will find you.




0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Rumer's THINGY! ;). Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan